Well, I just read the origional post, and boy was I shooting for the stars! Much has happend since that last post. I have fallen out of love with plants, sort of, and due to the coming addition to our family, in an act of solidarity that should get me invited to Oprah, I am no longer drinking beer. It is a temporary situation, so I will not change the title of the page.
I can continue to focus on the political side, but am afraid that will alienate half the readers. Why don't Hollywood and popular musicians think like that? I guess I will follow their lead and just hurl my opinion, hope no one gets caught in it!
I have been wondering if anyone else noticed the clever and quiet shift from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change". It happend a couple months ago with no explanation and no discussion. It just became the new phrase, and everyone just assumed it means the same thing. I don't get it (said in Andy Rooney's whiny voice). Some people I have talked to don't seem to think anything of the change, but I think it is a sign. A sign of the wheels falling off the whole hysteria of GW. If you look, if you listen, the story is changing. This winter, one 4 month period, has completely derailed the whole movement. No one wants to hype GW in one of the coldest winters on record. I have actually been reading "Global Cooling" articles for the last two weeks. The whole theory of GW was pushed so quickly to the public as fact, that any possibility of miscalculation of predictions was not explored.
Now we have the current crop of Presidential candidates. I am not sure I can stand any of them, or more precisely my wallet can not stand any of them. Keep in mind, I think Primary season is the season of lies. I look at this time of the political process with a similar philosophy as Homer Simpson who said, "It takes two people to lie, one to lie and one to listen." Here are my untempered opinions of all of them.
Barak "Hope" Obama - Everyone I talk to loves the guy, even my parents. I have tried really hard to listen to him, and this is how I sum up what I think he is saying. He is for "Hope", "Hope for the future" because the "Future is ahead of us" the "past is what has come before" so we need "hope for the future" because we can't bring "hope to the past." Besides not knowing what the devil he is saying, he is going to cost me a bunch of $$$.
Hillary Clinton - This lady just reminds me of the meanest teacher at whatever grade school you went to. The kids in her class said she was not that bad, but you spent every summer hoping she would not be your teacher next year.
John McCain - Even he is calling himself a Liberal now. It really ticks me off that he is asking me as a Republican to do exactly what he has refused to do for the past 7 years. That is to suck it up and vote a certain way for the party.
Mike Huckabee - Not worth going into.
Dr. Ron Paul - This guy is a whack job. I would like to see him debate Bob Bernake every day though, the ratings would be huge. If you don't believe me, find him cleaning Bernakes clock on the economy on YouTube. Its priceless...
...So as of right now, my vote is still up for grabs. I may write in a candidate, and use terrible handwriting, just to piss off the poor person that has to count the mail in votes in this state.
Enough for now...
Corey
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment