Monday, August 20, 2007

First Time

Ok,

Here it goes...all I have to say is be gentle until I get my legs under me. My idea is to create a blog that may be the only one in its catagory. How about a blog about gardening, from a Republican. I know that sounds rather impossible, but I can do it. The first entry should probably tell you about me and what makes my gardening blog useful. So sit back, grab a pint of your favorite IPA, and relax.

I live and work in Mount Vernon, WA. Nessled directly between Seattle and Vancouver BC. I am a proud member of the "horticulture industry" some other bloggers like to be skeptible of. I grow hundreds of thousands of plants at any one time, and hundreds of varieties. I do not work for Big Box Stores, but I ocasionally buy plants at them. My garden is a collection of plants I had to try, could not throw away, and fell in love with. Future posts will introduce ya'll readers, if I get any, to my yard.

I grew up in Rapid City, SD (Zone 4). My Grammie loved her pansies more than anything, and I remember helping her plant them when Gramps and I were not playing ball. To this day she is the best Christmas Cactus grower I have ever known. My first job ever was working at Jolly Lane Greenhouse as a freshman in high school. I worked there for over ten years during summers and after college for a little more than a year.

Very soon I will figure out how to link to my favorite places on the web, and hopefully give some insite on plants that I grow and how plants have helped me grow.

Cheers,

The Beer Gardener

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one's self in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius

No comments: